Owner of website and contact information
This website is owned and operated by:
Ord Road, Tweedmouth
Company No. 10421796
E-mail customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone customer service: (0)1784 730790
Sparwindows LTD is a company registered in England and Ireland (collectively referred to as "Sparwindows", "we" or "us" in this policy).
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Sparwindows, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Sparwindows is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our websites, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
SPARWINDOWS (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to make a tailored website available to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for market research purposes - to better understand your needs;
- to enable SPARWINDOWS to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
SPARWINDOWS uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you postal mail to update you on the latest SPARWINDOWS offers.
SPARWINDOWS aims to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
1. changing marketing preferences via your SPARWINDOWS account;
2. making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for texts; and/or
3. contacting SPARWINDOWS via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Web Banner Advertising
If you visit our websites, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
SPARWINDOWS only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to SPARWINDOWS and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, SPARWINDOWS will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: -
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for SPARWINDOWS to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 10 years.
SPARWINDOWS is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: -
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- daily penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect the entire SPARWINDOWS IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
SPARWINDOWS collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of SPARWINDOWS, including:-
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers (including administering the Sparks loyalty scheme);
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers;
- protecting SPARWINDOWS, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to SPARWINDOWS;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against SPARWINDOWS; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small data file that is saved on your computer or mobile device, to enhance and simplify your visit. A cookie is not a program, but a text file, and does not contain any viruses.
These cookies are necessary for the website’s user functionality to work correctly, as they maintain functions such as the content of your shopping cart, etc.
• The below are only examples
• The content of the website is stored and administrated via a CMS platform, which places cookies that remember your steps and choices as you navigate through the site and remember if you are logged on to your user account on the website.
These cookies are used to ensure an optimal user experience, as they store information about chosen preferences for returning customers on our website. We do not store any personally identifiable data with this type of cookie.
Analytics cookies are important for the operation of our website, as they give us data about how our customers use our website. For example, how many people visit and which are the favourite pages. We also use these cookies to help us create surveys.
These cookies can, to a limited extent, collect data that can be attributed to the specific visitor.
We use Google Analytics to analyze how customers use our website. The information collected (traffic data, including IP-addresses) is sent to and stored on Google’s servers in the USA. You can disable cookies from Google Analytics here:
Marketing – anonymous tracking across multiple websites
These type of cookies are used to follow visitors across multiple websites and are used to build profiles that show what kind of searches have been made, or what type of websites have been visited. These cookies can store data, which identifies the specific visitor or which contains specific information about the visitor. Anonymous data can be shared with third parties:
• With ’Ad This’ you can share content from our website with social networks. When you share something, Ad This places cookies that gather information about what kind of pages you have shared and on what type of social networks you share.
• Cookies from Facebook are used to show a ‘like’ button and information about which Facebook friends have liked the same product or post. Facebook gives access to a statistic tool (Facebook Insights), which shows information about the visitors use of Facebook.
• Cookies from uk.trustpilot.com are used to show the number of reviews, specific reviews and Sparwindows.co.uk’s current rating.
• Cookies from SnapEngage (SnapABugVisit) are used to enable the live chat function on our website.
Marketing – targeted ads
These cookies can follow search- and reading habits. The gathered information is used to show individualized marketing content, such as ad banners. The use of these cookies can imply the storage and use of personally identifiable information, which is used to show customized content and/or shared with third parties for the same purpose. Any information, which is stored by this type of cookie, can be sold to third parties.
How to disable or delete your cookies
You can always disable cookies on your computer, by changing the settings in your browser. To find out how to do this for your particular browser you can go to "help" in your browser's menu.
Please be aware that if you choose to disable cookies from your browser, it will prevent you from using many of the functions and services on our website, as they require that the website can remember the choices you have made during your visit.
Cookies that have been accepted in the past can easily be deleted. If you use a PC with an up-to-date browser, you can delete your cookies with the shortcuts CTRL + SHIFT + Delete
If you use a MAC or the above does not work for you, you can start by finding out which browser you are using and click on one of the following links:
Please note: If you are using more than one browser, you can delete your cookies in each browser.
• Internet Explorer
• Mozilla Firefox
• Google Chrome
• Safari 5.0
• Flash cookies (applies to all browsers)
• iPhone, iPad and other Apple devices
• Android mobile phones and tablets
• Mobile phones with Windows 7
Do you have any questions?